Saturday, May 21, 2011

Guess who went to the Craft Fair?

When I first went to the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair a few years ago I was relieved I was only interested in paper craft and beadwork at the time. I thought there were so many lovely things for knitters and sewers (an unfortunate word if there ever was one) you could spend a small fortune on pretty things. Then I took up knitting again, but at least I didn't sew. Now (sigh) I do. 



So there's my haul.

The fabrics on the left are Westminster Fibers' Monkey Toss, Boys Big and one whose name I don't know. They were expensive, but too sweet to leave behind. Now I need to think of something to make out of them: something small that the wee little one won't grow out of too soon.


I don't know the names of the fabrics on the right, but I do know they were the cheapest fat quarters in the whole pavillion ($3 each). Quilting fabrics are expensive. These ones will make cushions for the lounge.

If you have a little boy who says 'tuut-tuut!' when he sees a train you can't possibly not buy a cute train applique patch when you see one. If you find coordinating buttons then all the better.

The ribbons were mainly intended to embellish a couple of current projects (the dreaded Q-word...) and the lace seems to beckon for some kind of folksy skirt to adorn.

Lastly, front and centre, are the magnetic clip for when I make a new bag, and the Curve Master sewing machine foot for curved seams. I'm not quite used to it yet, as it does require a different kind of sewing, but I'm sure I'll get there.

So yes, I'll be busy for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment