Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cranberry Pecan Cake

Come on, it's cold - what else am I supposed to do?




Combine dry ingredients:

250g sugar
250g self-raising flour
about half a teaspoon allspice

Add

250g butter, softened
4 eggs

a handful or two of dried cranberries (I soaked them in orange juice for a bit first).
a couple of table spoons of liquid (I used the orange juice from the soaking)


Pour batter into tin, place pecans over the top.

Bake in about 175 degrees C, approx 20 min.

***

Oh, and I wasn't the only person busying myself in the kitchen...

2 comments:

  1. Your cake looks delicious! How fun to have a little "helper".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! He was very sweet: when we skyped his grandmother I had to bring the laptop into the kitchen because he was so absorbed in cooking. He was a lovely host, though, and made my mother and me some 'tea' and got us to taste his 'soup', which was clearly very hot, based on how we had to blow on it first. :-)

    ReplyDelete