Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Hat for a Boy!

Here's what I decided on for some of the glorious 'boy' fabric I bought at the Quilt Fair: a hat.

I used the Amy Butler Blue Sky Hat pattern I've had for a while. I had to be a bit creative with the placing of the fabric because the strips weren't big enough to make the brims out of one fabric. The reverse looks the same as the top, although the brim fabrics are in a different order. It is still a bit big, so I'll need to attach some elastic to make it fit better. But the objective has been achieved: he won't grow out of it immediately.

I would have attached a photo of the boy with his hat, but the hat was far too exciting to get him to stand still for long enough. You'll just have to trust me that together they are particularly adorable...

No comments:

Post a Comment